This book is a collection of seventeen papers which describe the impact that the ARIADNE project and its successor, ARIADNEplus (2019-2022) have had on the archaeological community, both in Europe and further afield. Each case study has been contributed by organisations involved in the ARIADNE Infrastructure who cover many countries from across Europe as well as Argentina and Japan. These papers were originally presented at the CAA Conference in Krakow, April 2019 and cover aspects such as data management, application of standards and guidelines, the use of CIDOC-CRM and Open Data to name but a few.
This compact guide offers twenty guidelines to align the efforts of data producers, data archivists and data users in humanities and social sciences to make research data as reusable as possible based upon the FAIR Principles. Each guideline has recommendations for both researchers and archives as it is recognised that different priorities may apply to each case. Originally developed in the PARTHENOS Project, ARIADNEplus is providing more translations in order to reach the wider archaeological community. The following language versions are available for downloading:
- PARTHENOS Recommandations pour FAIRiser vos données [FR]
- PARTHENOS Leitfaden zur “FAIRifizierung” des Datenmanagements und der Ermöglichung der Nachnutzung von Daten [DE]
- PARTHENOS Οδηγίες για την εφαρμογή των αρχών FAIR στη διαχείριση και επανάχρηση δεδομένων [EL]
- PARTHENOS A tudományos adatok újrafelhasználhatóságának és FAIR kezelésének irányelvei [HU]
- PARTHENOS Linee guida per l’applicazione dei principi FAIR alla gestione e al riuso dei dati [IT]
- Diretrizes para aplicação dos princípios FAIR à gestão e reutilização de dados [PT]
- Veri Yönetimi ve verinin yeniden kullanımı için FAIR Prensipleri Rehberi [TR]
- ZÁSADY zajištení FAIRové správy a využitelnosti dat [CZ]
ARIADNEplus Aggregation Workshop
Report from the first aggregation workshop held at CNR, Pisa 13-14 May 2019 which focussed on data providers of sites and monuments inventories and archaeological intervention/event records.
Workshop: Digital Infrastructures for Archaeology: Past, Present and Future directions
This report summarises the presentations from the CAA 2019 ARIADNEplus workshop held on Wednesday 24th April: each presentation illustrates how ARIADNEplus impacts practices, tools and services from the contributing partners and links are provided to PDF versions of each presentation.