Sci-K – the 1st International Workshop on Scientific Knowledge Representation, Discovery, and Assessment in conjunction with The Web Conference (WWW) will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia in April 19-23, 2021.
The call for papers has been published with a submission deadline of January 25, 2021.
Sci-K is calling for high-quality submissions around the three main themes of research related to scientific knowledge: representation, discoverability, and assessment. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Data models for the description of scholarly data and their relationships.
- Description and use of provenance information of scientific data.
- Integration and interoperability models of different data sources.
- Methods for extracting metadata, entities and relationships from scientific data.
- Methods for the (semi-)automatic annotation and enhancement of scientific data.
- Methods and interfaces for the exploration, retrieval, and visualisation of scholarly data.
- Novel methods, indicators, and metrics for quality and impact assessment of scientific publications, datasets, software, and other relevant entities based on scholarly data.
- Uses of scientific knowledge graphs and citation networks for the facilitation of research assessment.
- Studies regarding the characteristics or the evolution of scientific impact or merit.